I am open to whatever it is that you would like to bring to me, and I am always learning. Every therapist has areas in which they feel especially equipped to work. Mine include:
- Trauma, including long-term effects of childhood trauma, and intergenerational transmission of trauma.
- Problems with mood including depression, anxiety, and mood instability.
- Issues particular to LGBTQ people and other gender and sexual minorities, including coming-out, family rejection, and sexual and gender identity.
- Creativity and its impediments; creative block.
- Parenting, including the challenging period of transitioning into a new identity as a parent.
- Developmental and life cycle challenges, such as the challenges posed by moving out or your childhood home, graduation, divorce, or the loss of a parent.